Welding is an important job with a lot of responsibility. You need to know the basics, but you also need to be able to think on your own and make decisions when things go wrong. That’s why it’s so important that you invest in the best tig welder under 500 – not just any old tig welder will do!
We’re going to talk about what makes a good tig welder inexpensive, as well as some features that are worth investing in. We’ll also offer up some tips on how to choose the right one for you, based on your needs and experience level. Let’s get started!
Best TIG Welder Under 500
Welding has been a popular form of metal fabrication for decades, but the equipment used in that process can be expensive. Fortunately, there are entry-level machines for those who want to get into welding without spending thousands on a high-end machine. A great example is the Hobart Handler 140 from Lincoln Electric. This welder offers great value with an affordable price tag and plenty of power for even light-duty applications. If you’re looking to start welding at home or in your shop, this might be a good place to start!
The best tig welder under 500 isn’t necessarily going to cost you less than $500, but it will provide you with everything you need out of a starter welder if welding is something you’ve always been interested in. When you’re working with a tight budget, it’s important to make smart decisions about where to spend your money. There are always going to be cheaper options for home equipment, but investing in a quality welder is going to give you the best value for your dollar and last longer than a cheaper option.
we have compiled a list of 10 good choices for the best tig welder under 500 dollars. To be honest, it is going to be hard to get the best TIG welder for this kind of money.
- YESWELDER MIG-250 PRO
- Riland TIG Welder Machine ACDC Pulse
- Forney Easy Weld 140 MP
- YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS
- PrimeWeld 520D 3-in-1 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
- Weldpro MIG155Gsv
- Everlast PowerARC 140ST
- HITBOX TIG Welder Pulse 200A
- HZXVOGEN 110V/220V Tig Welder Pulse 200A
- TOOLIOM 200A MIG Welder 3 in 1 Flux MIG
- Mophorn Tig Welder 160 Amp
- S7 Tig Welder
The YESWELDER MIG-250 PRO is a good investment for welders under 500. It has 250AMP output power, which is more than enough for many applications, and it’s also extremely light. With the lightweight design, you can easily transport this welder to your desired location. The MIG-250 Pro operates with an easy arc start function that provides soft starts and self-sensing when coming in contact with the material.
This machine also comes with a switchable voltage range of 120/208 VAC to allow you to work in either North America or Europe. The intelligent pressure regulator adjusts the welding current when needed without any setup or adjustments needed on your part, making this machine perfect for beginners who are still learning how to use their tig welder.
The MIG-250 Pro also comes with an excellent warranty program that will cover you for one year should anything go wrong, as well as the standard 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t like it after your purchase. All of this makes it a great tig welder under 500, but it’s particularly useful if you’re just learning.
- 250 A output power
- 120/208 VAC voltage range
- Easy arc start function with self-sensing capability
- Intelligent pressure regulator for easy welding
- Automatic ground clamping system to prevent damage from the electrode
- Short circuit protection
- Noiseless operation
This allows it to work smoothly on different types of metals for different projects. The Riland also has a variable heat control that allows for easier welds on both thick and thin materials, including steel, stainless steel, copper, brass, aluminum, bronze, nickel silver, nickel-plated steel, gold-plated steel and more.
- Includes tig torch, tungsten, electrode holder
- Backcut feature for increased productivity
- Designed with 0% duty cycle to prevent overheating. Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Adjustable hot start feature
- Voltage: AC 110-120 volts/50/60Hz 200-480 volts
- Amperage: 1.8 amps at 110v, 1.4 amps at 220v
- 1/8 inch tungsten compatibility
- Weight – Approximately 3 lbs
- TIG Torch Power Cord with Molded Male Plug
The Forney Easy Weld 140 MP is a high-quality and easy-to-use TIG welder that is perfect for beginners who want to learn about the basics of welding. It has a length of 1.8 meters and can weld sheets, pipes, and shapes up to ¼ inch thick.
It also comes with an 8-foot power cord as well as a gas regulator and ground clamp to make it as easy as possible to get started without any fuss. The price for this welder also makes it one of the best tig welders under 500 dollars you’ll find on the market today!
- Dimensions: 14.19″ x 19.31″ x 11.61″
- Weight: 24.81 lbs.
- Multi-Process Welder: MIG/DC TIG/Stick welder (TIG torch not included)
- Infinite voltage and wire feed speed control
- Wire feed speed range: 79 – 197 inches per minute (IPM)
- Rated output voltage range: 12 – 23V
- Rated output current range: 43 – 110A
- Full output curren range: 10 – 140A
- Plate thickness range: Up to 1/4″
- No gas required
- No foot pedal operation on this machine
- Uses gasless wire .030”/.035”
- Up to 1/8” stick electrode
- 120-volt input power
- Includes: 10′ MIG gun, 8′ electrode holder, 8′ ground clamp, 20A – 15A adapter and one additional .030″ contact tip
- Duty cycle: Stick 30% @ 80A, MIG 30% @ 90A and TIG 30% @ 110A
One of the things that make YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS so great is its price. We all know how expensive tools can get, and while we think it’s worth it to invest in a quality product, not everyone can afford such an investment right off the bat. That’s why this product is perfect for you – you get a compressor and welder combo for an affordable price!
Another great feature that should be noted is the size of this product. The size is compact enough to easily transport and store, plus it will weigh less than other models like it! This makes it perfect for people who need to travel to do their work or who want to use this welder at home rather than bringing an industrial-sized one into their home.
Last but not least, we love the simple design of the YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS. It’s incredibly easy to use and understand, which isn’t always the case with heavy-duty welding equipment! You’ll be able to learn how to use it quickly and do your work easily without complications.
- 2-in-1 welding machine – both a welder and a compressor!
- Compact size allows you to move the unit easily from place to place
- Simple design makes it an easy product to use for beginner welders
- Affordable price is perfect for those just starting out or on a budget
The PrimeWeld 520D 3-in-1 50 Amp Plasma Cutter is our pick for the best tig welder under 500. It’s a good fit for beginners, with its automatic arc setting that lets you adjust the welding power to suit your project.
It has AC frequency, stick and wire welding modes that are easily adjustable. The machine is ruggedly built with a cast aluminum drive system, making it resistant to corrosion and wear.
- AC Frequency: 60 hertz
- Stick welding current range: 30 – 140 amperes
- Wire welding current range: 3 – 50 amperes
- Duty cycle at 90 ampere AC output: 50% @ 15 minutes; 35% @ 30 minutes
- Thickness of work material: 1/4-inch mild steel
This is a great gas welding machine for those who want a quality product at an affordable price. It has a dual voltage input and a max input power of 135 amps. The frequency is set at 50 hertz to prevent fires or any other type of sparks from the weld points. It weighs about 55 pounds, which makes it easy to transport and also helps with the longevity of the product.
The unit comes with an American gas regulator as well as a hand-held torch with gloves, eye protection, and other necessary equipment to help you complete your projects without worrying about safety issues. This welding machine has been used by professional welders for years and promises that it will continue to be functional for years to come.
- Meant for use in both residential and commercial buildings
- Easy to move around at 55 pounds
- Dual voltage
- input Maximum input power of 135 amps
- Comes with an American gas regulator
- Comes with a hand-held torch, gloves, eye protection
It features excellent customer reviews and is guaranteed for one year! You can also use this kit for aluminum, stainless steel, or other metals. The kit includes everything you need to get started welding metal, including gloves and goggles!
The Everlast PowerARC 140ST is a great entry-level tig welder. It’s also a steal for what you get – it has all the features you’ll need for just under 500 dollars.
- Aluminum TIG welding capabilities – work with aluminum, stainless steel, and other metals
- Digital meter displays the voltage, amperage, mode settings and more
- Ready-to-use Tig welding kit for beginners or professionals alike!
The HITBOX TIG Welders are designed as rugged, lightweight, and easy-to-use tools that provide welders with the same power as larger welders. The pulse welding process is a more economical way of joining metals, especially when welding thin materials. It utilizes a pulsed current for fast and efficient results.
The 200A is a powerful yet versatile welder that is best suited for professional welders who need to push their limits any time, anywhere.
The high-quality heat-treated steel construction features an E-200 output power generator that produces up to 200 amp 220 AC even across long distances. This handy unit has many other features that make it an excellent option for petrochemical, medical, aerospace and other domestic applications.
- Powerful output up to 200 amps
- Welds 24% faster than other welders
- Adaptable for both gas and electric welding
- Weight: 45.4 lbs
The HZXVOGEN 200A welding machine has a powerful AC-DC power system. The process of arc starting is much easier because it can be done with a simple push of a button. There are also a variety of safety features that make the process safer and more convenient for the user.
This machine can weld any type of metal, from aluminum to steel to copper, nickel, or titanium. The voltage control feature allows you to adjust the voltage according to what you’re working on so that you can get the perfect thickness for your work. All in all, this is a high-quality device at a very affordable price.
- TIG PULSE FUNCTION
- ARC FUNCTION
- 4M DIGITAL TIG TORCH
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY
10. TOOLIOM 200A
TOOLIOM 200A TIG Welding Machine is a product made by a company known for its quality and dependability. The TOOLIOM 200A offers a lightweight design, which makes it easy to use and transport around the workshop. It is designed with durability in mind as well as portability, making it perfect for those who need to weld on location or those with limited mobility.
This inverter-based machine offers both precise DC current flow as well as AC current flow through the use of its IGBT inverter. This allows you to be able to switch between shielded metal arc welding and tungsten inert gas welding modes with ease and without purchasing additional tools. If you need to weld high purity metals and materials, this is a good choice. It offers 2T/4T modes and can be used for welding steels and stainless steel in either horizontal or vertical positions.
- This is an inverter-based machine that is designed with durability in mind.
- It is made with easy portability in mind as well, making it perfect for those who need to weld on location or those who have limited mobility.
- Additionally, it is designed with precision in mind.
- The TOOLIOM 200A offers both DC current flow and AC current flow through the use of its IGBT inverter.
- This machine can be operated with ease and without purchasing additional tools if you need to weld high purity metals and materials.
- It offers 2T/4T modes and can be used for welding steels and stainless steel in either horizontal or vertical positions.
- MIG Welder
- Adapter Cord
- Shielding Gas Hose 9.8′
- Ground Clamp with 10′(3M) Cable
- MIG Torch with 10′(3M) Cable.[.030/0.8mm contact tip installed]
- Electrode Holder with 10′(3M) Cable
- Wire Brush
- W Knurl Groove(FCAW-GS)
In order to avoid any unwanted accidents, it has a gas shut-off valve and overcurrent protection. This is an important feature because it makes sure that your welder never malfunctions when you’re in the middle of a project. You’ll be happy with how easy it is to use this machine thanks to its intuitive design and wizard-style programming.
It’s lightweight and easy to move around which means you can store it easily in your garage or take it with you on the job site. Don’t forget to consider the extra accessories that come with it, like a welding gun and cable.
- Dual digital display
- Welds steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Can be used as a stick welder with gas cylinders for argon or MIG spools
- Lightweight and compact design that’s easy to use
12. S7 Tig Welder
The S7 Tig Welder is a lightweight welder with a max power of 8.5 amps. It has an excellent balance of features and price, and it includes an arc-on overload release for added safety. A great machine for beginners and experienced welders alike!
- Weight: 22.4 lbs
- Material: Tig Arc welder
- Voltage: 110V/220V
- Size: 19 x 14 x 10 inches
- Can Weld: Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Carbon Steel, Copper, Copper Alloy and Other Non-Ferrous Metal Welding
Q1. What is a good affordable TIG welder?
A tig welder is one of the best tools that you can invest in as an amateur or professional welder. They are priced anywhere from $100 to $1000, depending on their quality and the features available. The more expensive tig welders offer more advanced features and performance than the cheaper ones, but they also come with a steeper price tag.
Q2. What is a good TIG welder for home use?
You’ll want to make sure that the tig welder you decide on is designed with home use in mind. That way, if ever something goes wrong, you’ll be able to diagnose it and fix it yourself without needing to call in a professional. The type of electricity you use at home will also come into play; you may need an adapter depending on whether or not your power uses 220V or 110V.
Q3. How to choose the best tig welder under 500?
There are several factors to consider when choosing a tig welder for home use. Some important things to think about are:
– Features offered by the tig welder, both in design and operation. Think about using them now as well as down the road once you have more experience.
– The price of the tig welder, in comparison to its features and performance level. Make sure you’re getting a good deal!
– How much welding do you plan to do at home, or if you are considering using it for business purposes. If this is the case, make sure the tig welder has a high duty cycle to get the most out of it.
Q4. How much should you spend on a good beginner tig welder?
We’re going to walk through some features that are worth considering before purchasing good quality, low-cost tig welder. These features will help you choose a machine that is best for your personal needs and abilities and will last you for years to come.
If you’re a beginner welder or plan to use your tig welder only occasionally at home, you’ll probably want to invest in a cheaper model (under $350) that is easy to use and with basic features such as:
– Duty Cycle: A good low-cost tig welder should have at least 30% duty cycle, but it may be more if you plan to use it for business purposes. This will ensure that the machine doesn’t overheat while welding.
– Amperage output: Low-cost tig welders are usually limited to an output of between 80 and 200 amps, which are usually safe for home use. Remember, higher amperage outputs can be dangerous!
– A stable arc: You want a stable arc that won’t break easily while you’re welding. This usually means that it has some kind of feedback system built in to ensure this doesn’t happen. If the machine is too cheap, there’s a good chance it will break easily and require frequent replacement.
– AC/DC: It’s important to note that not all tig welders can do both. If you plan to stick with AC welding for now, remember that when the time comes to upgrade to DC welding, you’ll need a new machine!
Q5. How thick can 200 Amp TIG weld?
200 Amp TIG welders are capable of welding a variety of metals, including aluminum, magnesium, and stainless steel. The thickness of the metal you are welding will depend on the welder’s amperage output and your own welding experience. Always start with the thinnest metal first and work your way up to thicker ones. As a beginner welder, you’ll probably want to stick to welding thicknesses of less than 1/8 of an inch.
Q6. Why is undercut considered a cardinal sin in welding?
Undercut is considered a cardinal sin in welding because it can cause the weld to break and the metal to fail. It occurs when the weld bead isn’t fully fused to the base metal, which can lead to cracking, tearing, and other serious structural problems.
Q7. Do you push or pull when TIG welding?
You do not push or pull when TIG welding.
TIG welding is done with a constant feed of electrode wire through an arc weld machine. The nozzle of the wire is pushed in and drawn out by the user to add filler metals which create a weld bead around the joint line between two pieces of metal. As such, pushing or pulling does not play any specific role in this process. Instead, it is pressed constantly and automatically by the welder’s hand motions.
Q8. Can you TIG weld with a Vulcan 220?
The Vulcan 220 is a TIG welder that is capable of both AC and DC welding. It has an output of up to 220 amps, which makes it perfect for welding a variety of metals. It also has a duty cycle of 60%, which means you can weld for up to 6 minutes out of every 10-minute period. This welder is perfect for both beginners and experienced welders alike!
Q9. What is puddle welding?
Puddle welding is a type of welding that is used to join two pieces of metal together. It is a manual welding process that requires the welder to use a filler metal to create a weld bead around the joint line between the two pieces of metal.
Q10. What is a tack weld?
A tack weld is a type of weld that is used to hold two pieces of metal together. It is a small weld that is usually used to hold the pieces in place while you are welding the larger weld.
Welding is an important job with a lot of responsibility. You need to know the basics, but you also need to be able to think on your own and make decisions when things go wrong.
That’s why it’s so important that you invest in the best tig welder under 500 – not just any old tig welder will do!
It’s easy enough to find good welding equipment, but finding a good welder for under 500 dollars that’s also the best tig welder under 500 is a little bit trickier. That’s why we’re here – to help you choose and find the best tig welder under 500 for your needs and experience level!