Welding is a great way to spend your free time. It’s not just for work, it can be a hobby too! If you’re looking for the best hobby tig welder, then read on. We’ll help you find which one will suit your needs and budget best. Your wedding journey starts here!
Welding is done by using heat to create enough energy to melt metal together so that it becomes an inseparable mass or solid compound. The two most popular types of welders are MIG welders and TIG welders. They both have their own positives and negatives, but if you want something small with minimal upkeep costs, the choice is clear: get yourself a good quality MIG welder that fits your budget. They are easy to handle, use and maintain, plus they have a lot of power for beginners.
It has a compact design that makes it easy to use in tight spaces and on delicate projects, plus it comes with two AC/DC power cords so you can plug into either outlet or generator! This model also features a digital display that lets you set your current welding amperage from 0-250 amps as well as temperature control and a pulse feature.
- Compact design- A lightweight and portable TIG welder, at only 25 pounds.
- Digital display- 3 LED buttons let you monitor your welding amperage from 0 to 250 amps.
- It also has a digital readout for controlling the temperature that ranges from 2100F to 2800F. And a button for pulse control allowing you to arch weld.
- Multiple power options- You can use it with either a 120v or 240v outlet, and also comes with an optional DC cord for running off of a generator.
• 1 ESAB EMP 215IC TIG Welder/Metal Welder/Tin welder/Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)
• 1 TIG torch with 2 interchangeable collets that fit 3/32″ and 1/8″ welding electrode sizes.
• 1 DC power cable 12ft, 10A/120V for running off of a generator.
• 2 AC plug-in cords, #6AWG 10ft, 120V/240V for plugging into standard wall outlets.
• 1 carrying case.
2. Razorweld Digital Tig 200 – Best Hobby TIG Welder
The Razorweld Digital Tig 200 is a great choice for hobby welders. The control has an analog display with digital controls which makes it easier to read and use. The machine’s power can be adjusted by changing the wire speed, amperage, and voltage. It also has a cool-running, multi-voltage AC power supply, so you won’t need to worry about running out of gas or electricity when you’re in the middle of something. The included regulator and hose make the machine portable.
For those who are looking for a simple, easy-to-use best hobby TIG welder for small projects, look no further! The Razorweld Digital Tig 200 has been designed to be as beginner-friendly as possible. Its control is analog with digital controls that allow you to adjust the speed, amperage, and voltage. You can also make it even simpler with the press of a button! Its AC multi-voltage power supply means you don’t have to worry about running out of gas or electricity when you’re in the mid-weld project.
This machine is great for small projects – belt buckles, knives, jewelry, armor, etc. If you’re looking for something that can handle bigger projects, then read on!
The Razorweld Digital Tig 200 is great for the hobbyist or craftsperson who just wants to do some small projects around the house without too much hassle. This machine has been made as beginner-friendly as possible with its analog display and digital controls. Its AC multi-voltage power supply makes it suitable for beginners too.
- AC input 115VAC single phase
- Acetylene, plasma and TIG/TIG-Mig compatible with optional tips
- Digital display for controls with analog indicators
- Variable speed control knob with On/Off switch – 10 to 20 amps maximum output
- Variable tig tungsten current output control with digital display
If you’re looking for the best hobby tig welder, then Eastwood TIG 200 Amp Digital Welder is a great option. It’s got a low cost and good reviews, so it’s worth a try. The Eastwood TIG 200 is the perfect machine for getting started in TIG welding with its price point working out to be one of the best under $500.
- 300 Amps AC/DC Stick Welder is perfect for hobby use and light fabrication.
- Welds 24 gauge up to 3/8 in. mild or stainless steel;
- 10-135 amp range (in 5 amp increments) makes it the most versatile unit in its class.
- TIG welds from 1/8″ to 3/8″ mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum on high amperage setting
- Stick welds up to 10 gauge with included stick electrodes for a broad range of welding capabilities
- Advanced dual digital display lets you monitor settings at a glance for precise control of weld quality
- 5/16″ collet accepts a wide range of accessories for added versatility; TIG torch, gas lens and more sold separately
Weldpro’s Digital TIG 200GD is one of the best hobby tig welder on the market. It features a 2-digit display that displays your settings, an intermittent duty cycle that reduces the vibration to make it easier on you, and includes a gas lens. This TIG welder has everything needed for great welding without breaking your bank account.
The Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD is perfect for any light job around the house. It can weld up to 1/16″ mild steel with straight polarity and has electrode holders that help keep things neat and organized, unlike other welders where electrodes are just thrown in a holder next to each other. The digital readout allows you to know exactly what settings you’re on and the intermittent duty cycle makes those vibrations less intense.
The only downside to this welder is that it doesn’t provide gasless TIG welding, but if you don’t plan on taking things into your own hands then it shouldn’t be a problem. The Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD is our best choice for the best hobby tig welder.
- On/Off switch for continuous or intermittent duty cycle
- 2-digit display that displays your settings
- Intermittent duty cycle reduces the vibrations greatly to make welding easier
- Gas lens included for easy TIG welding with gas shielding gas
The Everlast PowerTIG 185DV is a vertical down tig welder that is made for easy use. This is a super reliable option that provides quality welds. It has all the features that are needed to do effective, clean work. The 185DV requires little maintenance and can be used with any kind of wire. If you’re looking for something sleek and simple, this may just be the right choice for you!
- Output: 185 Amps DC
- 2 Cylinder D.C. Arc Welding Plasma Cutting Combo Unit
- Variable and Adjustable Stickout
- Digital Multi-meter and Timer
The PRIMEWELD TIG225X is a quality welder that comes with a variety of welding accessories. It also has the added feature of an Arc Force Control which ensures accurate and precise control over the welding arc.
The unit includes excellent cable management as well as a power indicator light. As it provides 220V, ranging from 100-250amp, this welder is perfect for those who need some high-volume applications. The PRIMEWELD TIG225X is very easy to use, operates at a consistent supply of 25% duty cycle and requires no tools for assembly. Although it might be considered bulky, this unit is very sturdy.
- Arc Force Control
- Consistent supply of 25% duty cycle
- Includes excellent cable management and power indicator light
- Operates at 100 amp to 250 amp
- Uses 1/4 inch electrodes
The 2018 AHP AlphaTIG 200X is a popular choice for hobby welders. It’s lightweight and made of durable materials to withstand years of use and abuse. The torch is easy to adjust and has a built-in gas cylinder with an internal gas regulator. We’ve chosen this one because it offers the best bang for your buck!
It’s a really great product from Mophorn, whose products are known for their good quality at a low price. It has enough power to do most home projects and works on either 115 or 230 depending on what you need it to run off of. It features dual protected AC/DC outlets that will not let you damage your welder with incorrect wiring.
If you’re looking for the best hobby tig welder, then read on. We’ll help you find which one will suit your needs and budget best. Your wedding journey starts here!
It also has a beautiful, ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to use even for long periods of time at time. The starter pack also includes a welding mask and gloves, which are necessary if you want to safely use your welder.
- Adjustable torch; 2-6mm
- Dual protected outlets; AC/DC
- 115 or 230V switchable for the outlet (this is assuming no change in voltage between your house and workshop if there is a large change in the voltage you should use an adapter)
- Cooling fan
- Spare parts for purchase on Amazon
- Welding mask included
- Comes with a 3-year warranty, though comes with 2 free torches before that
One of the best tig welders for hobbyists is the Weldpro 200Amp Inverter Multi-Process. This neatly designed, easy-to-use machine includes everything you need to take your hobby welding to the next level. It’s lightweight and portable, which makes it perfect for anyone who doesn’t have a ton of storage space at their home.
The inverter gives you access to 220v for your 110v power tools, which means you won’t be left out in the cold when it comes time to do some tig welding. The Weldpro 200Amp Inverter Multi-Process features a full-featured torch kit, making detailed welding projects a breeze. The digital display gives you access to all the control settings without having to take your eyes off of your work. You’ll have complete freedom from interruption as you create beautiful works of art using this remarkable tig welder.
- 220v access for 110v tools
- Digital display for easy control settings
- Lightweight, sturdy design with an external ground clamp to prevent marring metal surfaces while welding
For the best budget option, the Lotos CT520D 50 Amp TIG Welder is your best bet. It’s not ugly, either. The TIG welder comes with the power to weld the lightest of metals and it can be used for DIY projects around the home.
It’s controlled by a digital readout, which wirelessly communicates to the user, which makes it easy to use. It’s wire-feed-less too, so you don’t have to mess about with cables which is always good news.
TIG is the best option when you’re looking to weld light metals. This one can handle steel up to 3/4″ thick in size, which plenty of amateur users will have.
The materials it is made from are pretty good at enduring types of metal too, so you won’t find yourself having to replace parts on this thing for a long time.
- 50-amp air plasma cutter
- 200-amp DC TIG welder and DC Stick welder (High-Frequency Start)
- Automatic dual voltage / dual frequency (110/220-volt 50/60Hz)
- Suitable for cutting and welding Stainless Steel, Mild Steel, Aluminum (cut only) and other metal materials
The AMICO POWER TIG 160DC is an excellent option for hobbyists. It has a generous diameter range of 160 to 450mm, can operate at up to 350 amps, and has a terrific duty cycle. It also has dual voltage capability and a nice high-frequency inverter, making it more than suitable for your welding needs.
- 160 amp power, up to 425 amps with 12 volts (max)
- 30% duty cycle
- 10-125 volts input
- 130 lbs. weight
- 24 inches tall and 28 inches wide
- Great for automotive and fabrication purposes
- Comes with an 8.5-inch carbon fiber TIG torch, works well with -6 to -10 size stainless steel welding wire and gas hose
If you’re looking for the best hobby TIG welder, then the SUNCOO TIG Welder is your perfect choice. This machine offers all of the benefits that you could want in a budget-friendly package. They are easy to use, lightweight, and portable.
The units also come with key features like an anti-stick spatter shield and gas/air regulator. These units are great for both industrial and graphic arts use – perfect for any artistic journey!
- Anti-stick spatter shield Gas/Air Regulator
- Ideal for industrial and graphic arts use
- Portable Lightweight Easy to Use
- Voltage 230 V
- Dimensions material thickness 0.4mm – 3.0mm
- Weight 1.5kg
- Product size (L x W x H) 8x3x11cm
- Power 2200W
- Input voltage AC 110v-120V
- Frequency 50HZ/60HZ
This is a great option for people who are looking for a general-purpose welder. This is because it has welding capabilities for different metals, including steel, aluminum, copper, stainless steel, and nickel chrome. The downside to this product is that it takes time to get used to using it. So you might want to practice on some scrap metal before trying it on the more fragile items in your life.
If you want a welder that is easy to set up and will use 110V outlets, this might be the one for you. The good thing about 110V is that it only requires a single-phase outlet or 220V three-phase experts outlet. This welder can also run off of 220V if you wish. However, you can only use 220V if you are using an adapter.
- Well suited for both beginners and experts
- Advanced arc control
- Minimal spatter, noise, and smoke
- No need to retreat electrodes often since it has a low electrode consumption
Q1. How much does a 120V TIG welder weigh?
A 120V TIG welder weighs approximately 8 pounds.
Q2. Can I TIG weld at home?
Yes! You can TIG weld at home. It’s not as easy as using a MIG welder, but you can do it with some practice and patience.
Q3. Are Harbor Freight welders any good?
It’s difficult to definitively say whether or not Harbor Freight welders are any good. They both have their own pros and cons, but it appears that Harbor Freight is more of a basic entry-level welder. There are better options out there for hobbyist welders.
Q4. Do you need ventilation for TIG welding?
No. It produces little or no smoke and only tiny sparks, so ventilation is not necessary and could be a disadvantage of TIG welding.
Q5. Can you run a welder off a dryer outlet?
Yes, you can. First, check the back of your dryer and see if there is a “220” connection. If it does not, then you will need an adapter to plug into the 220 wall outlet to get power from that. If there is a 220 line on the back of your dryer, then all you’ll need to do is find a welder made for 220v and plug in the welder and turn it on!
If you’re in the market for the best hobby TIG welder and want to know which one is best, then read on. We’ve compiled reviews of some of the most popular brands that will help you find out if they are worth your time or not.
There’s no better way to get started with this fascinating hobby than by investing in yourself. You’ll be glad you did when it comes time to start building things from scratch at home. We hope this article has helped answer any questions you may have had about buying a new TIG machine for your own needs. It’s never too late to try something new, so what are you waiting for?