The best small tig welder is an excellent choice for both new and experienced welders. It can be used to handle a range of welding tasks, including MIG, stick and other processes. This guide will give you information about the top-rated models on the market today like our pick for Best Overall that are available now at low prices online or in stores near you!
Best Small TIG Welder
Tig welding is a great way to join metals together, but it can be difficult to do if you don’t have the right equipment. It’s important for welders of all levels of experience to know what makes an ideal tig welder – and that’s why I’m writing this post! By reading this blog post, you’ll learn about some of the best small tig welders on the market today. As always, feel free to leave your comments below with any feedback or questions you may have!
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
we have compiled a list of the best small tig welder. So you can choose the one that suits your welding needs.
- Weldpro 200 Amp Inverter 3-in-1
- LOTOS LTPDC2000D
- Hobart 500570 Stickmate 160i
- Forney 291 Easy Weld 180 ST
- Lotos CT520D 50 AMP Air Plasma Cutter
- Everlast PowerArc 140ST 40 Amp
- HITBOX MIG250JP Mig Welder
- LOTOS LTP5000D 50Amp
- AMICO POWER TIG 160DC
- Homegreg MIGMMA180
- SUNGOLDPOWER 200Amp
- Forney Easy Weld 140 MP
- Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
- Mophorn Tig Welder 200 Amp
- TOOLIOM TL-200M 200A MIG Welder
The Weldpro 200 Amp Inverter 3-in-1 is a top-rated model that is available now at a low price. It is an excellent choice for both new and experienced welders. This guide will give you information about the features of this model, including its performance and benefits.
The Weldpro comes with a 200 Amp inverter that has three different welding modes. We are talking about stick, MIG and TIG welding here. The inverter provides the power needed to carry out these processes. In addition, you can also use it for lift arc TIG. This gives you more flexibility when you need to weld different materials on the job.
The Weldpro 200 Amp Inverter also has a digital meter that shows the amperage and voltage levels. You will be able to keep track of these values as you carry out your welding tasks. This model is resistant to shock, which means it can handle most jobs with ease.
- Low voltage start-up
- Infinite welding voltage control
- Multi-process welding (MIG, stick, TIG)
- Thermal overload protection
- 2 year warranty
This is a reliable and fast machine for welding aluminum. It can be used for short circuits, DC TIG welding, pulse TIG welding, AC TIG welding and other processes. The unit has an optional MT-500 spool gun attachment. It also features a Ground Zero (GZ) feature that allows the user to control the amount of amperage applied to the weld pool for more precise welding.
The machine has a maximum 20 A output current for DC electrode negative (DCEN) applications and 25 A maximum current for gas-tight welding.
- DC TIG, pulse TIG, AC TIG welds
- Can be used for aluminum welding
- Spool gun or stick electrode can be used with it
- Ground Zero feature for more precise welding
- Maximum output current is 20 A DCEN and 25 A gas-tight
- Dual voltage input: 110V/220V
- IGBT inverter technology
- Telescoping welding cable
- Thermal overload protection
- MMA (Stick) welding with Lift-Arc start
- TIG welding with Lift-Arc start
- Pre flow, Postflow and Downslope time adjustment
This Hobart model is one of the best small tig welders on the market with a compact size and lightweight design. It is easy to transport and comes with a heavy-duty carrying case. The machine will produce excellent arc performance and also provides stable welding action thanks to an anti-backlash drive that reduces camshaft play by up to 80%.
There is also a digital readout that can be used to monitor amperage.
This machine runs on 160 amps of power and has excellent welding capabilities, but is most effective with thinner metals like aluminum or stainless steel. Stickmate technology works to improve arc performance by 30 percent for MIG welding. It also uses a unique inverter design that works to maintain consistent arc length under load. There are several port options available for welding, including Flux-Cored, MIG and TIG.
The Stickmate 160i provides great value for the low price point it sells for. It is very user-friendly with a simple design that makes it easy to use by new welders or those who do not use the equipment on a daily basis. For this reason, some users find it lacking in durability and power as compared to some other models on the market.
- Weighs only 15 pounds for easy portability
- Dual voltage input capability (120V or 230V) for added versatility
- IGBT inverter technology provides superior arc performance and reliability
- Overload protection is built in to prevent damage
- Fan cooled for extended use without overheating
Forney 291 Easy Weld 180 ST TIG Welder is a great choice for your welding needs. This product offers beginners an easy way to learn welding skills, while more experienced welders can use it on more complicated projects. It has an air-cooled design that offers durability and superior performance.
The Forney 291 Easy Weld 180 ST TIG Welder is an excellent tool for the professional or DIY home-welder that doesn’t want to spend tons of money on high-end equipment.
- The welder has a 10-foot power cord for more maneuverability
- It comes with a thermal overload protection system that keeps the welder from overheating
- It has a built-in regulator for easy installation
- The welder is compatible with both 110 and 220 volts
- The welder can operate in various single-phase voltages
- The arc force is adjustable
- It comes with a 6.5-inch diameter work clamp
The Lotos CT520D 50 AMP Air Plasma Cutter is a great choice for those looking for an affordable and reliable plasma cutter. It can easily be used to cut through a variety of materials, including metal, copper and aluminum. This guide will provide you with information about the features and benefits of this model, as well as what others are saying about it.
This plasma cutter is equipped with a durable aluminum cutting nozzle that has been designed to help increase its overall life. It comes with an air compressor, along with instant start technology, which allows you to get your cutter up and running without having to wait for it to power on or cool down. This cutter can handle cutting metal with a thickness of up to 1/2 inch, making it ideal for use with larger materials. The Lotos CT520D 50 AMP Air Plasma Cutter delivers quick and accurate cuts thanks to its smooth MIG-style trigger operation. It is lightweight, which means that you will be able to hold it for long periods of time without feeling fatigued.
- Amped up inverter technology for high cutting performance
- Precision pilot arc technology for easy starts and smooth cutting on thin metal
- Thermal overload protection with LED indicator to prevent equipment damage
- Adjustable pedal for operator comfort and better control
- High-performance control panel for easy adjustments
The Everlast PowerArc 140ST is a small tig welder that is perfect for new welders. It is easy to use and perfect for welding a range of materials. This welder features a 140 amp output, making it a great choice for both light and heavy-duty welding tasks. It also comes with a built-in cooling system that helps to keep the unit running cool, even during extended use.
The Everlast PowerArc 140ST includes a starter gas tank, a 10-foot work lead and a 6-inch ground lead. It also comes with a clamping cable that allows you to attach it directly to your workpiece when welding steel or sheet metal. The welder features an easy-to-read digital display that provides accurate readings for your amperage, voltage and frequency.
- Digitally controlled fine-tuning feature that lets you adjust the arc easily
- An intuitive, easy-to-use interface
- Comprehensive warranty
- Variety of shielding gas options
- Soft start feature that ensures a smooth arc
- Simple design
The HITBOX MIG250JP Mig Welder is a great choice for those looking for an affordable model that offers great performance. It is perfect for both hobbyists and professionals and can be used for a variety of welding tasks. It features a compact and lightweight design and comes with everything you need to start welding right away.
This unit is capable of producing a maximum current of 2.5A and comes with features like pulse width modulation (PWM), an 8-inch TIG torch and more to deliver consistent results every time. The included earth clamp allows you to connect within seconds, and this welder also comes with a gas regulator so it is ready to use right out of the box.
In addition to being very easy to set up and use, this welder is also compact and lightweight. It comes with a 2-year warranty, as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it without worrying about wasting your hard-earned money!
- A perfect choice for both new and experienced welders
- Handle a range of welding tasks, including MIG, stick and other processes-
- Use a range of shielding gases including MIG, Argon and CO2
The Lotos LTP5000D 50Amp is the best small tig welder available today. This unit has an attractive design that helps it look futuristic and modern. It comes with a stainless steel switch for durability and safety, while the controls are easy to adjust. The unit also has a high duty cycle that can handle difficult welding projects while remaining cool.
This machine has many other features too, including the ability to set voltage and time per pass, reverse polarity capability and more. These features make this model very popular among welders of all experience levels.
- Fully digital design ensures precise arc voltage for quick welding with low heat input.
- Ability to weld up to 4mm thick steel with flux-cored wire.
- 50 amp tig torch comes complete with collet, collet nut and collet holder for better results.
- Fan-assisted cooling system keeps machine cool even at high speeds ensuring longer performance.
- Equipped with a constant-current transformer (CT) for more precise control over output power.
- Extensive range of accessories is available including gas hoses, nozzles and power cables.
- Integrated welding shield, helmet hanger and folding trolley included as standard.
A great example of a small tig welder is the AMICO POWER TIG 160DC. The power, the capability and the responsiveness are all great features while welding. There are some other companies that offer machines at lower prices, but they may not have all the features.
The maximum output current is 160 amps and this represents a great choice for low amperage metalwork or higher amperage welding with aluminum or stainless steel. It also works well on thicker material like 1/4″. It is easy to go from welding thinner metals to thicker ones with this model.
The gas flow rate is adjustable and there are four types of shielding gases that can be used with the machine. The versatility is a great feature especially for those who are new or are still learning how to use tig welders properly. This is likely the reason why the machine is such a great choice for new hobbyists and professionals alike.
The controls make it easy to adjust the temperature, control the arc and adjust the speed of travel while welding. It makes using this model easier than others on our top-rated list. Killer Feature: It comes with a digital display that shows real-time metrics like voltage and amps. It makes it a great choice for professionals who need to track everything about the job that is being done.
The DC inverter allows easier use on jobs like aluminum fabrication or installing metal roofing, where you may need to go between different types of metals (like steel and aluminum) quickly with no problem.
- Powerful welder capable of welding up to 3/8″ stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, cast iron and chrome
- The full-size TIG & stick platform, outperforms the competition on arc quality, voltage control, duty cycle and value
- This is optimized to deliver a flawless weld, making spatter and post-weld cleanup almost non-existent
- 10 amp TIG power input with up to 180 amps DC output
- All magnetic drive circuit breakers on the input side for protection against overloads”
10. Homegreg MIGMMA180
The Homegreg MIGMMA180 is a small, portable tig welder that is perfect for home use or light industrial use. It is a great choice for beginners or experienced welders who need an easy-to-use, lightweight welder that can handle a variety of tasks.
This model is very easy to use. It has 3 different welding modes, including MIG welding mode for steel, stainless steel and non-ferrous metals; TIG welding mode for aluminum; and Stick/Arc welding mode for mild steel. Also included are an adjustable heat knob with cooling water, a 10 ft. power cable, 7 ft. ground cable, spool gun and electrode holder.
- Wattage: 180
- Amps: 80
- Voltage: 220
- Duty Cycle: 20% @ 240V
- Low-oxygen protection
- Slight adjustments to the CV control to increase welding speeds and arc stability.
It has a maximum output of 200 amp and it is very easy to use, so even beginners should have no problems learning how to weld with this unit. It features an AC/DC dual voltage input design which will work in any country all over the world.
- A pedal arc control makes it possible to handle various welding tasks with ease.
- Multipurpose functionality. This machine can be used for MIG, wire feed welding and other processes.
- A compact design that makes it suitable for use in workshops with limited space.
- An inverter-based power system that comes with a powerful amp rating of 200A.
- The availability of multiple handpiece connections on both sides of the machine.
- A digital meter that makes it easy to see the welding settings such as current and voltage.
The Forney Easy Weld 140 MP is a small tig welder that is perfect for both new and experienced welders. This welder can weld aluminum, magnesium, and other alloys easily and can handle a range of welding tasks. Also, provide features a set input power of 140 amps and comes with a 5/8 inch ceramic style liner. It also has an output voltage of 230 volts and can handle 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4 electrodes for different welding needs.
Performance: The Forney Easy Weld 140 MP is easy to set up and use and can handle a range of tasks in the welding shop. It also has good performance at low amps, which improves its overall value since you can easily use it to handle simple tasks without having to pay extra for the higher amp models.
- Weighing only 10 pounds, it is easy to transport and use
- The mig, stick and tig welding process all in one machine
- Thermal overload protection keeps the welder from overheating
- The included clamp and cable make it easy to start welding quickly
- A carry case makes it easy to store and carry the welder
- The electrode holder helps you get a cleaner weld
Designed with aesthetics in mind, this beautiful machine is lightweight (6 pounds) and can be used anywhere because it doesn’t require an external generator or air compressor. When not in use, the unit automatically enters sleep mode to conserve power.
It also features precise output power regulation that allows you to control your input voltage levels precisely for more precise output current. With a cutting-edge battery management system, you’ll never have to worry about your tig welder being out of power when you need it most!
- A powerful 240-watt hour battery that can be used for a variety of purposes
- Durable and lightweight design that makes it easy to take with you wherever you go
- LCD display that makes it easy to monitor your power usage and keep track of your remaining battery life
- Fast charging time that will have you up and running in no time
- Compact design that makes it easy to pack into smaller spaces or place in your backpack
- Variety of different safety features, including overcharge protection, short circuit protection and more
A Mophorn Tig Welder 200 Amp is a good choice as the best small tig welder. This is because it has an high duty cycle and can be fitted with various fittings to suit different welding tasks. It is a versatile, light and portable machine that is perfect for use by both newbies and experienced welders.
It is relatively easy to set up and can be used in a variety of settings. Water-cooled electrode for great flexibility. It has a water-cooled electrode that allows you to weld for longer without compromising on quality. This makes it much more flexible than other small tig welders when it comes to handling different welding tasks. The nozzle has been designed to be easy to change and it works well with tungsten.
This electrode is not 100% tungsten, which means that you can use up to 20% other types of alloy (e.g., aluminum). The machine runs on 115 volts at 60 Hz current. It also features a duty cycle of about 30%. This allows you to weld continuously for up to 6 minutes.
- The Mophorn Tig Welder 200 Amp has a maximum output of 100 amps.
- It is designed to cater to low voltage, dry cutting and tungsten inert gas welding processes.
- The Body offers protection against sparks and slag with its side-slated design.
- With just one clamp attachment, it can be used for all wire electrode diameters on the market today.
The Tooliom TL-200M is a 200Amp welder that is perfect for both beginners and experienced welders. It is easy to use and can be used to handle a range of welding tasks, including MIG, stick and other processes. It comes with a number of features that enable it to be more versatile than other similar products on the market.
The Tooliom is lightweight and compact, weighing only 35 pounds. It would be easy for even a new welder to transport it around their workspace. Although this product does not require any assembly, the cable that comes with it might need some adjustment before it can be used easily. This makes it an excellent choice for someone who wants a top-quality product that they can use as soon as it is delivered.
- Capable of working with multiple types of metal, including steel, stainless steel, nickel-based alloys and aluminum.
- Offer both a MIG/MAG welding function and a TIG welding function
- Have a variable output range from 0 to 250 amps
- Includes a foot pedal for variable speed control and also has a 4 position.
- Manual push-button torch selector switch that includes, front dot position for pulsed TIG welding, left semi-circle for MIG/Stick welding, right semi-circle for full stick control and center behind dot position for off.
- Many of the best small tig welders, like this one, feature a solid design with hinged covers that can be locked in the open position for easy access to components and adjustments
- Feature digital display with an amperage output
- Compatible with 100% argon gas shielding gas
The best small tig welders are designed to handle the most common welding processes, which means that you can use them for MIG, stick and other types of jobs. Whether you’re looking for a new machine or want an upgrade on your current model, this article should help you find one that suits your needs at the right price. We hope our reviews will give you all the information necessary so that when it comes time to purchase a new welder, picking out just the right unit is easy!